I continued the emulator lately. I decided to do a step back and try to rework on the cpu compiler and create a opengl|es plugin in order to be able to port the emulator to mobile devices supporting mono.
So actually the emulator now has less compatibility at this point until I complete/redo some stuff.
I decided to change the way I’m compiling functions to a new way AST-based that will allow simpler+safer micro optimizations. Also it will make code generation simpler and easier to maintain. It will allow to output the AST as C#-like code so you can see what’s going on.
Newer versions will require .NET 4.5. So you won’t be able to use it on Windows XP unless you are using mono >= 3.0. Also the new gpu plugin is a OPENGL|ES 2. On windows it will use the angle project. On linux it will use opengl, and on mobile devices it will use the native opengl|es implementation.
On the other hand, lioncash has performed lots of refactorings/cleanups/documentation furthermore to translating the emulator to japanese. Thanks a lot!