Today I release a new version of my emulator. This time it is a completely rewritten emulator from scratch. Now it’s written in C# instead of D, and features a dynamic recompilation instead of the old interpreter. Though at this moment the cpu is monothreaded. I will make it optionally multithreaded in the future for games that works fine with multithreading.
Also I have moved to github:
You can grab the sources with
TortoiseGit and compile with
Visual C# Express 2010.
And the windows binaries for this version here: Download page
(It will probably work on Linux and Mac in the next versions using
Mono because I’m using
OpenTK. But at this point mono has some issues with the DynamicMethod generation that keeps it from working.)
- It requires
.NET Framework 4.0to start.
OpenMG Setup Update Program” and “
DirectShow’s WavDest” to play background music in games. In order to register WavDest: “regsrv32 WavDest.dll”
This emulator features a “fast memory” option that will improve the speed a lot, but it has some issues with some games (though not many), so it’s disabled by default. You can check the improvement of using this memory with the minifire (with vsync off) or compilerperf demos.
This is the first public release of the emulator and I have just tested it on my computer, if you have any issue with it, please comment here and I will try to help you.