pspemu (III)

Published at Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:00:00 UTC by soywiz

These days I have continued my PSP emulator. It is progressing slowly, but firmly. I took the opportunity to try out the new features from D 2.0, that allows to simplify the development and make things less error-prone, as well as reduce dependencies. (Using mixins and CTFE I dropped the dependency with PHP to generate the anidated switches for instruction decoding). Lately I have also continued doing some simple python scripts. After using PHP for a lot of years, python is like a blessing. It lis like D since it has a lot of nice and useful features. In any case... These days I have been completing the CPU implementation and improving the assembler. A while ago I have done a small implementation for a disassembler. I have started to comment and I have fully commented the `cpu.d` file. And I have done more unittesting. Now I should do some refactorings and documenting things out. And as I noticed before, the next thing I will do will be the GPU. I'm really looking for seeing a window showing things and trying some t hings. But doing so would be as tempting as dangerous, so I will be patient and will continue as before for a while.
Estos días he seguido con el emulador de PSP. Va despacito, pero con buena letra. Estoy aprovechando mucho la ocasión para experimentar características nuevas de D 2.0 que permitan simplificar el desarrollo y reducir las posibilidades de error y reducir también las dependencias. (Con mixins y CTFE quité la dependencia de PHP para generar los switchs anidados de decodificación). También he seguido últimamente con algunos scriptcillos en python. Después de estar usando PHP durante muchos años, python es una bendición. Es como D en cuanto a que tiene un montón de características de lenguaje molonas. En cualquier caso a lo que iba... Estos días me he encargado de ir completando la implementación de la CPU y de mejorar el ensamblador. Hace un rato he hecho una implementación sencilla del desensamblador. He empezado a comentar y he comentado completamente el cpu.d. Y he hecho más unittesting. Ahora tocará refactorización, y documentación. Y como ya puse, lo siguiente con lo que me pondré será la GPU. La verdad es que tengo unas ganas horribles de poner una ventanita y hacer alguna prueba. Pero hacer eso sería tan peligroso como tentador, así que tendré paciencia y seguiré como hasta ahora.